Saturday, 26 December 2009

It was a bit of a long, wet...

...and icey journey but that didnt matter because we all enjoyed ourselves and it felt good to help feed the homeless. When we were there, we helped to serve the food, clear away the tables, wash up and some even spoke to the homeless. While they ate there was entertainment in the background with singing and the nativity play (somehow i ended up playing mary). There was a lot of food left over so we were allowed to eat it, which was good because we all felt a bit hungry after smelling the lovely roast. Another thing that was good was that they all apreciated the food and were very polite. I think that what the church does is great because it shows the homeless that God loves us all no matter what and wants the best for us.
Natalie x
along with busby we all got onto the train. I did not know what would be in store for us that night but ice was involved!! when we got to the church we were all briefed on what we should do. I met a lady called Alice we both were still a bit confused on exactly what to do. We helped serve starters whilst bobing our heads to the background music. After serving dinner we all watched the spontaneous nativity, it was very amusing. At desert some of the homeless got a bit touchy as the dessert contained raisins, no cream etc. After we helped clear away and wash up. I feel it was a real eyeopener. It reminded me there were people less fortunate than me and made me feel more grateful for my warm bed because when we left it was cold and rainy. Overall I had a fun time!
Taylah x

No comments:

Post a Comment